The Trojan Times

The Student News Site of Paradise Valley High School

The Trojan Times

The Trojan Times

Art Student Spotlight

Brooklyn Jones (12) Mural

Halley Beebe (11):
Her art piece was a part of a 5 part sustain investigation that 5-6 and above art students participate in. Its goal is for them to focus on a specific theme. Her piece is number four out of five. She wanted to look at the relationship between humans and nature. She expressed that the lanterns in her painting represented stars; the lanterns being man-made that are mimicking something natural.

Halley Beebe (11) Sustain Project

Abigail Neil (11):
Her piece was made for her Pen & Ink Assignment in her 5-6 class. The goal of the assignment was to tell a story or a scene from a movie. She gained inspiration from a scene from the show “Sweet Home”. It required her to learn how to do a wash (mix ink with water). She stated the process was long in order to wait for the piece to dry; she expressed the difficulty of waiting. Abigail also stated how she enjoyed the cross-hatching and other techniques she used throughout the process. Her favorite part was learning how to use the ink and trying different media.

Abigail Neil (11) Pen & Ink Project

Brooklyn Jones (12):
For her first two pen projects, she used it as practice for shading and line work. She hopes to eventually become a tattoo artist and enjoys the process of these techniques. These projects helped her to realize how much she enjoys pen work because she typically works with colored pencils. Her mural was in remembrance of her grandfather who loved dobermans. This mural is located within the art classroom. The mural took around a week in half to complete and her favorite part was learning how to write her names. And how to practice the different fonts

Brooklyn Jones (12)
Brooklyn Jones (12)
Brooklyn Jones (12) Mural