The Trojan Times

The Student News Site of Paradise Valley High School

The Trojan Times

The Trojan Times

PV Elite Dance Tryouts

PV Elite Dance Legendary Dance Show Photo Credits : JaoPhotos

Do you like the group of girls that perform during the assemblies and games? Those girls belong to our PV dance program. Our Paradise Valley dance program is one of the best in our school district. The best thing about our program is that you don’t need any dance experience in order to start taking classes. We have three levels in our dance program. Intro to Dance, Intermediate Dance, and Elite Dance. All have different difficulties, but all give outstanding performances during the show at the end of each semester.

Our Elite Dance program is the most advanced you’ll get while at Paradise Valley. The best thing about Elite Dance is that it’s a club and a class at the same time. So students don’t have to worry about out-of-school practices. Elite Dance is known for performing at events like prep assemblies, football and basketball games, and small school events from here to there. Students that are a part of this group also have the opportunity to learn from many different choreographers and expand their knowledge and training in dance. It’s a great club to be in when you love performing for the student section but don’t want to commit to anything great. This is also a great way to make friends and meet new people.

Our intro and intermediate dance program is just as fun as Elite! These classes move at a very fast but steady pace. Students get to choose the music they want to perform in their routines. If you are new to the dance community, these classes are great ways to start off. They move at a slow but very productive pace, and by the end of the semester, you will know how to do a wide variety of skills. Even though they don’t perform at games or assemblies, these classes always perform at the dance show at the end of each semester, which draws a large crowd. If you aren’t graduating, you have a chance to try out for elite dance and join our mini-dance family. Tryouts will be in either late April or early May, from Wednesday to Thursday, from 2:30 to 4:00. Anyone is welcome to try out; you just have to make sure your third block is open. Our dance family at PVHS is so wonderful, and the crowd seems to love every single performance they put on. It would be wonderful if we could expand the number of students in dance!