The Trojan Times

The Student News Site of Paradise Valley High School

The Trojan Times

The Trojan Times

Dangers of Screen Time

Dangers of Screen Time

Screens have become a crucial part of our daily life in the current digital era. We are surrounded by screens all the time, whether they be on computers, tablets, or cellphones. While there are unquestionably many advantages to technology, spending too much time in front of a screen can be dangerous, particularly for students.
The effects of excessive screen time on physical health are a part of the main worries. Extended periods of staring at displays can cause digital eye strain, which appears as headaches, dry eyes, and blurred vision. Furthermore, prolonged use of screens has been related to bad posture since users frequently lean over their gadgets, which can cause neck and back pain.
Excessive use in screens can have negative impacts on mental health in addition to physical health. Excessive screen usage is linked to a higher risk of anxiety, depression, and bad quality sleep in teenagers, according to research. Screen stimulation often interferes with sleep cycles, which can cause fatigue and make it harder to focus during the day.
Additionally, too much screen usage can harm one’s academic achievement. Students who spend too much time on screens are more likely to become less productive and find it harder to concentrate on their assignments. Lower grades and limited progress in school can result from this.
While there’s no denying that technology plays a significant role in modern culture, it’s important to maintain balance and be aware of the risks associated with excessive screen time. In the digital era, it is very essential to promote healthy screen behaviors including taking regular breaks from phones, minimizing screen time before bed, and exercising in order to maintain both physical and mental well-being. We can minimize the risks associated with technology while yet maximizing its benefits by exercising mindfulness when using screens.